dump

By | 4:42 PM 1 comment



I knew October was going to be like this...

(and by this, i mean a titch bit busier than even normal busy)

I'm so grateful for all the good things that are keeping me busy: photo shoots, school in full swing, clubs and things for the kids, ladies nights out, our small group back in session, and so on and so forth.

Blogging is going to have to give this month. And be very photo heavy. I'm sure the grandparents won't mind that one.

Today is my mom's birthday. I'm so thankful that she read to me so much as a kid, always encouraged me towards Jesus, and never made learning boring. It's my hope that those qualities birthed in me through her will be passed onto my children.

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you.

My momma surrounded by "just" 3 of the sweet girls in her life back in 2008.  Look how little Ella was!



My phone got smart this week.
(thanks again, Zoe!)


I know, I know...shocking.
The next thing I will be telling you is that I own a pair of them new fangled skinny jeans.

Nothing is sacred anymore.

Well, that is not true exactly. Jeremiah will NEVER be wearing anything remotely resembling a skinny jean. You can pretty much expect the end of the world should you see that happen.

And here's where I get all God weird on you...

I can tell the Lord is bringing me through a tremendous growing phase right now in my life. In the past growth spurts have been spurned by times of great pain or transition. This time I can't really put my finger on it. We haven't lost a child, we aren't adopting, we aren't changing jobs...in fact, circumstantially things are really good. And yet, I feel off-kilter, with a deep dissatisfaction to just go through life...to just be doing life. I feel a sense of urgency for things of eternal nature. A sense of smallness...in a wonderfully big way. This shifting around of my insides is scary and gloriously unsettling, knowing a sure push away from comfortable is here or coming. And again, yet, I know that I know that I know that this is exactly where my God would have me. He likes it when my insides are all upside down and sideways out. He holds me that much tighter.

I don't know what it means or what it holds. I just know that I like it. (Mostly.)

How about a picture of one of my cuties to lighten the mood...


Ella is now 4 teeth lighter. Although when I asked for a picture of it the above is what she gave me...saying that she didn't want to show her empty spaces because they "looked weird". Oh, the vanity of a 6 year old.

There, you've been dumped on.
I feel better.

Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

mommajeane said...

It was so good to "visit" with you last nite. I loved seeing your faces. Ella your joke in my card made me and the rest of us laugh….everyone needs a good laugh. Thanks for sending me one on my b-day. You all are the best gifts to me…love you.