give thanks

By | 7:28 AM Leave a Comment

Thanksgiving.

Our first holiday away from home.

It's not even a holiday here in Haiti, so life went on as normal at the mission as the kids still had school, normal meals, etc.  

And our household was down for the count with the nasty stomach bug that took all 6 of us with it. We feasted on saltines and chased them down with gatorade!

And yet, I have never been more thankful. 
Never more aware of the enormous blessings in my life. 

Our holiday was simple, quiet, and slightly green around the gills...

But we did manage to have lots of cuddle time, read books, decorate a Christmas tree, listen to Christmas music, facetime family back home, and laugh together.

Gotta love a picture of a blurry 2 year old. And shirtless boys. And a pj clad Ella. 

I haven't looked at one black Friday ad or watched one commercial. 

I read the words of Paul in Romans, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." and was reduced to tears during my quiet time yesterday...

This is my reason for giving thanks. 
My greatest blessing.
Which fuels all the other blessings in my life.

Saltines and gatorade, 
surrounded by family, 
secure in the love of my God, 
and humbly aware of how much I have...

This first holiday in Haiti was worthy of giving thanks over.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: