beyond the face, an introduction, and Josue

By | 6:41 AM 2 comments
I grew up in a big family, which has many upsides. However, one of the downfalls was feeling like I was seen as just "one of the crowd" by others. 

Just another cookie cutter kid...

I know my parents and family didn't view things that way, but I often felt like "others" did. A big part of my personal testimony was coming to the knowledge that God loved ME on an individual level. He knew me and was interested in me and cared about the uniqueness in me that he had created.

While I'm here working with this great big group of kids, one of my personal goals is to really get to know their unique sensitivities, like, and dislikes. I want them to feel like they are known and loved by us. Which opens up the pathway to talk about how much they are known and loved by their Heavenly Father. 

Not just another cookie cutter Haitian orphan...

Meet Josue:


Name: Josue (jo-see-yay)

Age: 6 years old today!

Likes: Jumping rope, being cute, swinging, making things, and pretending he is a ninja.

Doesn't like: The dark, waiting his turn for jump rope

Favorite food(s): Rice and beans, cake, and any kind of food I label a "snack"

What he wants to be when he grows up: A doctor

Favorite book: Where The Wild Things Are (he knows almost every word when we read it together)

Favorite color: Blue and yellow




For you created my inward being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:13-14

Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

And that, my friend, is why you were chosen to love on those kids! I can't wait to meet more of them:)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful boy!