Blessed before giving

By | 8:15 AM 1 comment
I've been writing a lot lately how the Lord has been working in our hearts...

One of the major areas we have felt the Lord leading us is in the area of giving. We both have felt the desire recently to rearrange and reexamine our lifestyle, our budget, in such a way so that we can give more and give out of sacrifice.

(Just to clarify: I'm talking about giving above and beyond a tithe)


However, before we have even been able to give more...

We have been blessed.

We have been given two gifts in the last two weeks that have totally blown me away:

  • First, a neighbor down the street gave us her Fisher Price outdoor play gym.

I have been looking for one, scouring craigs list and checking consignment sales for over a year for one of these that we could afford.

  • Second, a sweet friend from church gave us her sons incredible Thomas the Train set that he had outgrown.

We're not talking a few trains and a few tracks here...no, it is a huge set! If you spend any time at all with Ezra you will know that his favorite things in the world are "car-cars"...basically anything thing with wheels or that has forward motion. There couldn't be a more perfect gift for him!

I was so overwhelmed by these gifts.

The Lord knew that these things would actually mean more to me than huge sums of money...

...because they have brought my children so much joy.

I feel like the Lord was just waiting for me to get my heart in the right place. Before I even had the opportunity to give myself...I was given to.

Very humbling.

I don't write this to gloat over the cool stuff we were given. Rather, I shared this because I know I love reading stories of how the Lord has provided for others...and hopefully this will encourage you to look at what the Lord is asking of you to give.

I can promise you...you can't out give Him!

Malachi 3:10

Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Kelly Via said...

Ah Jen, that is great! I love God's blessings, don't you!? What a cool testimony there! Love it! AND, I can't wait to come over and play with the train set... :)