While in the library bathroom last week, a lady walked in as we were washing our hands.
She was sporting a glorious afro.
Ella looked up at her and said, "You have crazy hair!"
I know she heard because Ella said it crystal clear and there was no else in the bathroom and no loud flushing to muffle her words. The lady graciously pretended to ignore her comment.
Out in the car I explained to Ella that I knew she wasn't being unkind by saying that the lady had crazy hair, but that we have to be careful saying things like that because they can hurt feelings.
I'd love suggestions on how to explain this concept to her!
and...I'm sure some of you have funny stories of your own!
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
Bare feet, spring day, a hammock full o' kids, and the time to take it all in... And yes, Ezra is just in his...
The past 7 days in iphone photo review... I enjoyed a girls day out (Keesha's last girl hurrah before Haiti) last Sunday with m...
1. Today is my 34th birthday. 2. Wasn't I just a kid? Like, yesterday? Waiting for the next Christmas? 3. When Jeremiah asked me wh...
Oh man, I've got lots of posts buzzing around in my head. Lot's o. But it is a bit of a busy season we are in and I've got a...
narcolepsy [ nahr -k uh -lep-see] noun 1. a condition characterized by frequent and uncontrollable periods ...
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- Question of the day
- The Little River Park
- Ride along on the chocolate river...
- Something to be proud of...
- A zoo of a day
- Prayer Request Update
- A Video for Nana and PawPaw...
- On the road again
- 10pm might not be the best time...
- This will give you a complex
- Wait just a second there
- What a difference a year makes...
- Blessed before giving
- Thursday gone...
- I knew that this day would come...
- The new standard of good driving
- Change, part 3
- Going green (Hambrick style)
- Sticker fun...
- Change, part 2
- An ode to dear Herbert
- Wash Out
- Open wide...
- Allergy sufferers unite!
- Little girl for hire
- One of those posts...
- Change. part 1
- just because...
- When you can't go to the beach...
- the saga continues...
- thank you is not enough...
- Catching up...
- The Greatest Weekend
- the getaway...
- The Stand Off
- Just Because
- Trek to Charlotte
- Spring Snow
- ▼ March (40)
- ► 2008 (345)