Thursday Thoughts

By | 7:25 AM 6 comments
On the last day of August this week we squeezed in one last day (maybe we can squeeze in a few more?!) at the pool. Swimming has really clicked with Ella this year and she can swim across a whole pool (unassisted by flotation devices), dive for those sinking toys, flip somersaults underwater, and belly flop like a pro. So much fun to watch.

Today marks the beginning of the craziness known as September for us. We have two family weddings out of town two weekends in a row and then our family vacation begins. Up to Maryland, back home for a day or two...Up to Virginia, back home for a day...then over to the Outer Banks for a week (that is if Earl has left it intact).

Ezra has decided to potty train this week. I know, great timing with all that traveling, huh. He may be Jeremiah done over...but he still has a lot of me inside...because there is no dissuading him about this potty thing. And now, five days into it...he hasn't had one accident. All this from a kid who two months ago would scream like we suggested he flush his beloved lightning mcqueen down the toilet whenever we mentioned the word potty. Go figure. All this boils down to one of my favorite parenting realizations:

When they are ready. They are ready.
Even if Mom is not.
So go with it.

And we are going with it.

My friend told me about this website Kidoz...and I checked it out this week. Downloaded it. And Ella is loving it. LOVING IT. Ella likes to play on the computer and is really pretty savvy on it, but I was always sort of afraid that she might accidentally stumble onto something that would not be appropriate and she would be scarred for life. With Kideoz I know that she is only able to get to age appropriate sites and videos. Check it out. And in case you wonder, we are just doing the free trial, which doesn't expire.

I am amazed at how well all three days of school went this week. Gives me hope for the rest of the year!

An old friend posted a bunch of old school photos on facebook this week and I laugh out loud every.single.time. I look at this photo of Jeremiah and I...taken eleven years ago:

















Really. How funny is that. And how come I wore all my clothes about 2 sizes too big?

Here's to a weekend of celebrating Mike and Molly's wedding (and hopefully not cleaning up too much throw up from my car sick inclined son!).

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

6 comments:

Renae said...

Phew! Makes me tired just reading it! And I'm telling ya, Bonine for Children for the carsickness;)! It's a chewable grape flavored thingy and Ava gobbled it up! And it didn't wipe her out too much!

ADawson said...

Hey, there's an app for Kideoz too so they can watch videos in the car :)

Briana said...

i wanted to leave a comment on those pictures so bad! oh the cheese, o the big oversized sweatshirts that we thought were so cool. ha, love it all.

Bobbie Grant said...

I think that was taken at the airport when the Hambrick's left for Venuzuela. It was more than 11 years ago, even though we probably don't want to admit it!

Ha! Bobbie...you are right...it was probably more than 11 years ago =)

Kelly Via said...

HA! Love that picture! Jonathan told me about these pics on Facebook...I'm going to have to go check them out!