hair care fair bear

By | 8:00 AM 4 comments
Eli's hair is really starting to grow and I am loving the beginnings of a fro on him. Since his hair is about as opposite as the other two I knew I would have a learning curve to overcome as I got used to caring for his curls.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how easy it has been to maintain his hair. He has really soft and relatively loose curls. We only wash his hair with shampoo (either Aveeno or Johnson's) about once a week although I usually do a conditioner only wash (apparently called a co-wash by those more knowledgeable than me) at least one other time a week.

Of course this is all subject to change if Ezra decides to pour sand in his hair. Or dirt.

And then once a day I put about a quarter size dollop of shea butter goo (its called Cantu and is found at Target or Whole Foods) all over his head. It doesn't make his hair crunchy and I like the delicate smell it has.

Our plan is just to keep letting his curls keep growing...until...well...until it just isn't working anymore or it starts getting natty looking.

For the record we are not going for this look:



Although it is quite impressive that Troy Polamalu (Pittsburg Steelers safety) is able to actually play football with all that mane.

I also earn extra points with my husband for actually knowing who this guy is =)
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Pam said...

GO STEELERS!! (My kids know that face well!)

You are so knowledgable with the products and what not for his hair...where did you learn what to do?

Bobbie Grant said...

How in the world does he get that mess under his helmet?
I love that you're letting his fro grow out! So cute!

I love that Troy Polamalu is featured on your blog...

I've noticed that Johnsons has alcohol in it which really dries my kiddo's hair out. We do the co-wash only too, and shea butter is a life saver! my next venture is coconut oil for his hair. I've read it's the best.

I am also going for a nice afro. It's sooo cute!