Thursday Thoughts

By | 2:34 PM 1 comment
I gave the kids a project to work on while I took a shower this morning. Their task: build a block tower using all the wooden blocks. Here was the clencher...they had to work together on one tower with no fighting or knocking it over. The whole time I soaped up I kept waiting for one of them to burst in the bathroom in tears. But no. This is what I walked out to:


































Impressive, huh. (Next time I need to get them working on that basket of unfolded laundry!)

On an equally impressive note...Ezra ate an entire McDonalds ice cream cone, wrapper and all this week. When I asked him where he put the wrapper he told me, "in my belly!" Oh, of course.

I banned Ezra from saying the phrase "I'm still hungry" after hearing it too many times a day to count. This is his solution to the ban..."I need my belly bigger."

Therefore, after months of denying that it had to be done, I officially upped our grocery budget this week. Because I just can't seem to keep a certain little boys belly big enough.

We took some fun field trips this past week.

The first was to the Raleigh/Durham airport observation deck. The littles thought the kid sized runway was quite fun. And Eli loved announcing every single landing or departing airplane. Every. Single. One.


































The second was to the Raleigh downtown science museum. Always a fun trip...but especially after a week spent studying all things under the sea. They also got quite a kick out of the dinosaur room and running around the downtown sidewalks.

They kept getting spooked by the dinosaur roars...

























































For the first time in 4 months I missed the toilet on a puke run this week. That is no fun. At. All. Poor Eli witnessed it and I think he was quite traumatized because he randomly and often asks me, "Mama...you no frow up?"

Speaking of four months...I had my four month baby check up this week and all is looking good. Praise God! Makes the puke and headaches and bloody noses and weekly progesterone shots all worth it when you hear that heart beat.

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Wow! (in lots of different tones) ;)
I think that about sums up each thing mentioned this week!

P.S. I just love Ez-a-ra!