Worth Your Time

By | 3:13 PM Leave a Comment
Never one to disappoint, I love Kristen's post about homework. More specifically, her hatred of it. And her son is only in Kindergarten. Kindergarten. Yikes! There are many reasons why I choose to home school but one of the most compelling to me is that when our school day is over...it is over. Not so compelling a reason while Ella is just in kindergarten, but I am sure as all our kids get older, it will be one reason I return to quite a bit. And the comments on it are equally as interesting (in my humble opinion.)

In the adoptive community (especially the Ethiopian community) there is a lot written about the guilt one feels (or should be feeling) for adopting a child "away" from their home country. And while I feel every effort should be made to honor and respect an adopted childs heritage and culture, I loved the scooper's reminder that this adopted child comes from an orphanage...and even the best orphanage is no substitute for a family. Seemingly a no brainer, right. But something worth reminding ourselves of.

A video that almost-for-half-of-a-millisecond had me wishing for twins.

And because it NEVER gets old...I love hearing stories about how God has provided. What an encouragement to never let finances be the thing that holds you back from doing what God has called (commanded?!) you to do.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: