From Poppy Seed to Pumpkin: Banana Week

By | 7:00 AM 12 comments

I have reached the half way mark and my little one is the length of a banana now, approximately 10 inches. And I have officially gained 9 lbs.

Incidentally, I have been craving bananas this week.

And that also explains why I am feeling this little one move all the time now. Quite the active little bugger.

This baby can hear my voice now. And probably his/her brother's as well...as they love to scream "wake up baby" into my belly button.

My nausea has 99% dissipated and my energy level remains pretty good. I remember the next few weeks with Ella and Ezra being almost quite enjoyable for me. In a pregnant sort of way. It is very crazy to think that I am halfway through. I cannot say this time has flown by...and I am oh so very happy to think I have less than halfway to go.

I am a month into my weekly progesterone shots which I am taking to hopefully prevent another pre-term birth. Jeremiah has perfected his shot giving technique...who knew he had it in him. Well, besides me. After all, I wouldn't have let him give me a shot in the first place if I didn't have confidence in him. Although I might have had an outer body experience at one point and fled the scene when it was time for one. But it was totally outside of my control. Really.

















I have decided that if this child ever decides to rebel I will remind him/her of what I went through to bring them into this world and guilt them into obedience.

Yeah. I already know that isn't going to work. A girl can dream, can't she.

And, as promised to the little one...a belly shot for week 20:






































And...I guess I should mention one very important detail. I don't need to refer to the baby as he/she anymore...because we know it is a GIRL!!!

Yesterdays ultrasound showed a very healthy and active little girl...modest too, as we almost didn't get to find out if she was a girl because she was very ladylike and kept her ankles crossed.

We are so thankful for the report a healthy little girl! Praise God!
Newer Post Older Post Home

12 comments:

I just knew God was going to give you another little girl!! Girls rock!!

Renae said...

Yay for girls!!:) Praying for a healthy last half!

This comment has been removed by the author.

YAY! So excited for you all and another little girl!!!!!!!

That is so exciting, love little girls! :-) Those progesterone shots are no fun ... but Makenzie is living proof that they work! I hope you enjoy these next half of your pregnancy!

Well of COURSE it's a girl!

So excited for ya'll:)

Bobbie Grant said...

I love me some little girls!

Yeah! I knew it was a girl! You need some frilly, lacy, girly things!! Can't wait!!

Aliya ssid now you have two boys and two girls!

Awesome!

so excited for you guys!!

S, E, or O said...

Congratulations! :)

the broomes said...

That's wonderful news, Jenn!!! We are so excited for you guys! Glad to hear that she is looking healthy-- Praise God! (Oh, and I can't imagine Fred giving me shots...I'm pretty sure one of us would pass out:))

Kelly Via said...

You look beautiful Jenn! Can't wait to have another precious Hambrick girl playing with all the cousins!