hey, good looking...

By | 4:42 PM Leave a Comment
Here are two of my favorite recipe's lately. They never fail me and everyone in our family loves them (which is no small feat!)

1) Pepperoni Pasta

I have no actual measurements for this recipe. It involves a lot of "eye balling", which is kind of how I cook. This is especially good for those nights when I forget to defrost any meat. I usually serve it with a side salad and french bread. From start to finish I can have this ready in 15 minutes!

Ingredients:
1 box of noodles (I usually use angel hair, but have done penne and bow tie as well)
Olive oil
Pepperoni slices (I usually use about 1/2 a package)
Parmesan cheese
Garlic Salt/Italian seasoning
Roma or grape tomatoes
Red Onion/green onion
Optional: Black olives

Directions:
Cook noodles. Add in sliced pepperoni's, salt/seasonings, tomatoes, cut up onions, and olives. Sprinkle liberally with olive oil and parmesan cheese. Mix and serve!

2) DeeDee's Coffee Cake

A favorite from my best friends mom. I remember eating it at her house as a high schooler...and now everyone in my family loves it as well! Especially good with coffee on a lazy Saturday morning.

Ingredients:
1 cp butter
2 cp sugar
3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1 cp milk (soured with a little bit of lemon juice - and let sit for a few minutes)
1/2 cp applesauce
1 heaping tsp of baking soda

Directions:
Mix butter, sugar, and flour on low speed. Set aside 2/3 cup of this mixture for topping later. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, milk, applesauce, and baking soda to remainder of mixture. Top with set aside topping. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

Enjoy!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: