Mommy burn-out, part 1

By | 10:37 PM 1 comment
If you haven't already read it, check out the below post for the whole story.

One of my top ways to avoid Mommy burn-out:

1) Keep to a schedule

I like routine.


Yes, I know, big shocker =)

However, I don't like following a routine just for my own OCD tendencies. I believe (for numerous reasons that I won't take the time to spell out right now) that children function best when they have a stable routine. Now, this doesn't mean that we have no room for flexibility or creativity or spur of the moment changes...it just means that we follow roughly the same daily routine on normal days.

You are wondering...How does this help with mommy burn out?

Well, by sticking to a routine, I know when my kids will be napping and when they will be going to bed and waking up in the morning. There is no "option" for naps or bedtimes, and they know this and don't fight it. Therefore, I have regular times in my day where I can get things done. Whether that be pay bills, clean, laundry, or do my nails =) Getting some of the more mundane tasks taken care of allows me the freedom to just enjoy Ella and Ezra when they are awake and with me.
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Heather said...

Love schedules!!!