Mommy burn-out, part 2

By | 8:04 AM 4 comments
Click here for the introduction and here for part 1 if you missed them.

One more of my top ways to avoid mommy burn-out:

2) Memorize Psalm 127


vs 3-5 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in ones youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate."

If I can wrap my head around the pesrspective God has towards children...they are always mentioned as a REWARD or BLESSING in scripture...then my entire attitude towards my children changes. I try to not only tell myself this, but to tell them.

"Ella, you are a blessing to Mommy and Daddy".


Ok, here is my soapbox moment for the day: I hate hearing parents talk about how excited they are that school is starting up again IN FRONT of their kids. Now, I know you need breaks as a parent(thats a clue for a tool coming later), but what kind of message does that send to your child?

Stepping off the soapbox =)

Nothing has changed my walk with the Lord or transformed my life more than memorizing scripture and meditating on it. I can't tell you how many times I have felt drained from a long day with Ella and Ezra and the Holy Spirit has brought this scripture to my mind...and my outlook towards them is refreshed.
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Heather said...

I hate hearing that part about "going back to school" also. Do they wonder how that makes their children feel?

They are a blessing, they are a blessing, they are a blessing, sorry just reminding myself. (hehehe) I know and believe they are a blessing and God uses them often to convict me of my sin. I have to rely on Him!

What a gift He has trusted us with.

mommajeane said...

Hey Jenn, I sort of remember that soapbox message too...:) Great couple of post. Look at the title of our blog Blessed By A Child. I hope that you felt we were blessed by you. Love you.

Kelly Via said...

How many more do you have?? I'm loving these. SO SO true. Sometimes I just want to call moms out when they talk negative about their kids...who are standing RIGHT there!! So much for uplifting your child and encouraging them to do their best. A mentor figure in my life told me that a child will meet your expectations...whether it is a high one or a low one. When a child hears their very own parents talking negatively about them...What kind of low expectation are they asking their child to achieve?? (stepping off the soapbox that I just found myself on)

I totally agree! When I find myself wishing stages or days away I try and stop and think about how that NOT how I want to live. I want to enjoy each stage with my kids. I want to look back and be proud of the way we spent our time together. I don't want to regret things we didn't do or did do (like watch too much tv!!!)