Mommy burn-out, introduction

By | 8:35 AM 3 comments
I've been thinking a lot about being a mom lately. What an incredible privilege.

But, what an overwhelming responsibility at the same time. In one of my very first posts on this blog I wrote about some of my feelings of being a parent:

What is it about being a parent?
Your capacity for grief and pain expands at the same rate as your capacity for joy.

It is agony.

It is bliss.

I am VERY blessed and grateful to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's. However, being the main caregiver for your children can be (as stated above) overwhelming at times. When 2 year old tantrums meet with a teething 10 month old...whew, watch out =) I have been reflecting on ways or tools that I have learned in my journey as a parent that have helped me to ENJOY my children during EVERY stage.

Now it wouldn't be any fun to throw them all out at once =)
So, I'll be sharing a few at at time this week.
Newer Post Older Post Home


Heather said...

Hmmm, sounds like you're having the same week as me. Maybe we should talk if we can't get together. We are re-visiting our discipline approach. I warned my children we are having boot-camp at the Mangum's. :-)

Dana said...

The only thing that gets easier as they get older is shopping. (Saw a lady today with three small kids in a checkout line and realized there is NOTHING I need to buy that bad to go through that mayhem!)
Here's my big aha for your tough moments... things my kids did up until 5 and 6 years old that I stressed SO MUCH OVER - they don't even REMEMBER now. Just keep 'em warm and healthy...and think of a happy place. :)

Tasha Via said...

I'm anxious for these=)