Mommy burn-out, introduction

By | 8:35 AM 3 comments
I've been thinking a lot about being a mom lately. What an incredible privilege.

But, what an overwhelming responsibility at the same time. In one of my very first posts on this blog I wrote about some of my feelings of being a parent:

What is it about being a parent?
Your capacity for grief and pain expands at the same rate as your capacity for joy.

It is agony.

It is bliss.



I am VERY blessed and grateful to have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and I wouldn't trade my life for anyone else's. However, being the main caregiver for your children can be (as stated above) overwhelming at times. When 2 year old tantrums meet with a teething 10 month old...whew, watch out =) I have been reflecting on ways or tools that I have learned in my journey as a parent that have helped me to ENJOY my children during EVERY stage.

Now it wouldn't be any fun to throw them all out at once =)
So, I'll be sharing a few at at time this week.
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmm, sounds like you're having the same week as me. Maybe we should talk if we can't get together. We are re-visiting our discipline approach. I warned my children we are having boot-camp at the Mangum's. :-)

Dana said...

The only thing that gets easier as they get older is shopping. (Saw a lady today with three small kids in a checkout line and realized there is NOTHING I need to buy that bad to go through that mayhem!)
Here's my big aha for your tough moments... things my kids did up until 5 and 6 years old that I stressed SO MUCH OVER - they don't even REMEMBER now. Just keep 'em warm and healthy...and think of a happy place. :)

I'm anxious for these=)