In grade school I remember writing out the reasons I love my mom. I'm pretty sure they were your typical 9 year old reasons...
She's a good cook
She loves me
She takes care of me
Now that I have entered into adulthood (at least some of the time!) and am a mother, the depth of my understanding and reasons for my love have changed a little bit...
Without further ado,
Some reasons Why I love my mom:
- Her love and compassion for the underdog (or ANY stray, wounded, or disadvantaged person or animal she comes in contact with).
- Her passion and fierceness in protecting the people she loves and the convictions she believes.
- Her excessive collection of buckets, bowls, baskets, or containers of any sort =)
- Her excessive collection of children needing the aforementioned love and compassion.
- Her deep down devotion to my Dad. She may want to "just shoot him" at times, but I ALWAYS knew and know of her love for him.
- Her love of reading and books which she passed (and is passing) onto her children.
- Her miraculous green thumb. I have never seen anything like it!
- Her energy and tirelessness. The woman can run circles around anyone!
- Her creativity. She could entertain any 4 year old with a string of floss for hours at end =)
- The realness of her faith and love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ - Not tied to a tradition or denomination...she is just faithfully living out that love and giving feet to her faith.