My little gatherer...

By | 10:17 PM 2 comments
When Ella was around a year old her favorite toys were a collection of finger puppets. She would walk around the house with as many of them grasped in her little hands as she could hold...and even stuffed in her mouth if need be!



As she has gotten older, she moved on from the finger puppets to an assortment of baby dolls and stuffed animals...

First there was Guacamole. Then came bear-bear, tiny-bear, red-bear, green bear, orange bear, salsa, and bambi. Now there is Guatemala, Oscar, Eileen, and the random Barbie princess.

She truly loves each one (with Guacamole remaining in 1st place) and takes good care of them. When they are hungry they are fed, when they are sleepy they are VERY lovingly rocked and tucked in, when they have "ear infessions" they are treated by the doctor, and when they are disobeying they are disciplined accordingly =)



We have had to set certain guidelines for this habit of hers:

1) She has to leave room in the bed for her =)



2) Her friends never go into the store, library, church, etc. with us. It would be too traumatic if we were to lose one.

3) If she is moving from room to room or from downstairs to upstairs...she has to move her friends herself. I would seriously spend an hour of my day transporting them if she would have her way =)

4) Her friends are not welcome at the table while we are eating. They just get dirty and then they have to be washed and they do not hold up so well in the washer and dryer!

My silly little girl. I wonder how long this will last?
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

Heather said...

So cute. I love it. I'm ready for this "girl" stuff again. I hardly remember with Taylor. (sad,huh?) I think the boys have consumed my brain and energy for the last 4 years. :-)

Becky Swann said...

I used to cover all my babies up at the end of my bed too, I can remember being so worried that they were getting cold down there!