Goal #6 on my list of 2009 aspirations was to go on more dates.
Ideally, we would go on a date every week.
In reality though, this is hard for us for two major reasons:
1) Finding a baby-sitter
2) Paying for a baby-sitter
So I knew when I made this goal that we were going to have to get creative. Here is the plan we have come up with so far...
1) We have worked one official date night out a month into the budget...covering the cost of a babysitter and the night out.
2) We have enlisted the generosity of a dear lady from our church (for free!) to watch the kids one morning a month for a coffee and breakfast date.
3) We came up with the idea of dubbing Thursday nights our "technology-free Thursdays" and having our own mini-date night at home after the kids are in bed. No TV, no computers, and no blackberry =)
What about you? How do you work date nights out for yourself? I'd love any ideas!
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
Yes, I'm totally procrastinating on packing. Packing got old about a year ago. I'd much rather look through almost forgott...
So, we are back in America. Settling, slowly. Sort of. I've learned that there is a process to regaining a sense of "normal&qu...
Our time here in Haiti is winding down (at least for now...) and I am feeling reflective and thankful today. We've gotten to be a par...
This stinker is 4 years old today. She is the sweetest, spunkiest, funkiest, and weirdest little girl I know. Said in the most l...
I have a lot of quiet hours when the team is out "doing" ministry and I am here washing dishes. Or cooking at the stove. Or cho...
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- Almost is just not good enough
- The amazing flying E-Z!
- They're baaack...
- Technology-Free Thursdays
- free air-conditioning
- Road Trip...
- The Kids Exchange
- Two things that don't mix...
- A Grocery Experiment
- My top reasons...
- Snow pictures: just having fun
- Snow pictures: black and white
- Snow pictures: the preperation
- This time...they were right!
- I give it a 50/50 chance...
- Memory Monday
- 16 month update
- Better late than never...
- Sandbox monsters...
- Memory Monday
- Prayer Request
- Making the best of it...
- Welcoming 2009 with the sniffles...
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2008 (345)