Goal #6 on my list of 2009 aspirations was to go on more dates.
Ideally, we would go on a date every week.
In reality though, this is hard for us for two major reasons:
1) Finding a baby-sitter
2) Paying for a baby-sitter
So I knew when I made this goal that we were going to have to get creative. Here is the plan we have come up with so far...
1) We have worked one official date night out a month into the budget...covering the cost of a babysitter and the night out.
2) We have enlisted the generosity of a dear lady from our church (for free!) to watch the kids one morning a month for a coffee and breakfast date.
3) We came up with the idea of dubbing Thursday nights our "technology-free Thursdays" and having our own mini-date night at home after the kids are in bed. No TV, no computers, and no blackberry =)
What about you? How do you work date nights out for yourself? I'd love any ideas!
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
We last left off on our walk... We kept walking and walking...and it truly was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip. A little ex...
Jeremiah and I just returned from Haiti, again. This trip I made it a point to document a day that we traveled outside the city. Any d...
In a rather last minute (because that's how this control-planner-oriented-who-deep-down-is-more-of-a-free-spirit-than-she'd-eve...
Picking berries was on our Summer Bucket-O-Fun List, so on a rare and treasured "free" day we all headed out to Blacksburg to v...
Jeremiah is back from Haiti. Again, just for a few weeks then he heads back down the end of this month. Then, we head back to Haiti as a ...
- ► 2015 (105)
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- Almost is just not good enough
- The amazing flying E-Z!
- They're baaack...
- Technology-Free Thursdays
- free air-conditioning
- Road Trip...
- The Kids Exchange
- Two things that don't mix...
- A Grocery Experiment
- My top reasons...
- Snow pictures: just having fun
- Snow pictures: black and white
- Snow pictures: the preperation
- This time...they were right!
- I give it a 50/50 chance...
- Memory Monday
- 16 month update
- Better late than never...
- Sandbox monsters...
- Memory Monday
- Prayer Request
- Making the best of it...
- Welcoming 2009 with the sniffles...
- ▼ January (28)
- ► 2008 (345)