It's no secret that I am a big list maker, goal oriented type of person and every year I relish in setting new goals for the new year.
But before I can write about my 2010 goals I need to review how 2009 went...
1) Finalizing our will and retirement set-up: Done by March 1st!
2) Maintaining and keep up with the consistency of my quiet times: It is true when they say it is hard to break a habit...and having my quiet time every morning is a life sustaining habit I don't intend to break anytime soon!
3) Keeping up with my 2008 memorizing scripture goals: I didn't do nearly as good as I did in 2008, but I still managed to "hide in my heart" a good dozen or so verses.
4) Not letting the negatives of ministry weigh me down...focusing on the positives and seeing lives changed: This is one that is really hard to evaluate and one that will be a continual goal for the rest of my life.
5) Going on more dates: We managed to go on at least one date a month this year!
6) Having more sex: Ha! You actually thought I was going to write about this one didn't you.
7) Growing a vegetable garden: Does the mold that grows on a forgotten mushroom in the refrigerator count?
8) Reading more: That was a pretty easy one =)
9) Developing more of a heart to serve and support my husband and fleshing that out every day: Just being honest, I think this is the one goal I struggled with more than any...and need to add to my 2010 list.
10) Exercising consistently: I worked out at least 5 days a week up until August of this year...but the last four months I've sort of slacked off and maybe work out 2 days a week. Now that the adoption paperwork is done (and I have my nap time back) I will pick back up again in the new year.
11) Exposing Ella and Ezra to a year full of new experiences: They had a great year!
12) Embracing the abundant life that the Lord desires for me! Again, this one is hard to evaluate and one that will be a continual goal to which I strive!
What about you? How did you do in reaching your goals this year?
Tomorrow I'll be posting my 2010 aspirations...
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
Confession time. When Jeremiah is out of town/country, we do things, well...a little bit differently. Cereal is a justifiable dinner c...
The week has flown by and Jeremiah is getting on the plane as I write this to begin his flight home. We haven't gotten to talk muc...
Amidst, the flurry of packing and planning that was our weekend, we did manage to squeeze in some time to celebrate the #1 Dad in our lives...
So, you see...we were supposed to have been in Raleigh the last few days. Instead #ohEzra was visited by the stomach bug fairy. Since we ...
Technically, Summer is three months. However, for us this year, our Summer "break" is one month. (The countdown for Haiti is on...
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- ► 2011 (277)
- ► 2010 (405)
- The Hambrick's Rockin' New Years Eve 2009
- How'd I Do?
- Bad Mommy
- Book Recommendations, Anyone?
- There Is Always One
- Memory Monday
- The Hambrick Family Christmas Letter 2009 (The Rea...
- Thursday Thoughts: Christmas Eve Edition
- Show and Tell: Christmas Ornaments
- Photojournal:Christmas Date
- Memory Monday
- Photojournal: Snow Day
- Better than Presents
- Adoption Update: USCIS Approval
- Best Moment of My Day Boulevard
- Baking Week (with the kids)
- Raindrops on Roses...
- Not Me Monday
- Saturday Thoughts (Since I missed Thursday and Fri...
- Why Not?
- Tissue Paper Wreaths
- Muhammed Ezra
- Pie In The Sky
- Extreme Home Makeover: The Gingerbread House Editi...
- Memory Monday
- Just Because...
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)
- The Blind Side
- Future Basketball Star (or hanger of the high thin...
- The First Causality of the Season
- Adoption Update: Getting Closer
- ▼ December (32)
- ► 2008 (345)