Wednesday Wander-ings

By | 8:00 AM Leave a Comment
I have so many random thoughts roaming around my head this morning that I thought I'd just move up my "thursday thoughts" post, cleverly rename it, and give myself permission to randomly ramble.

First there was the royal wedding,
then came the beautification of Pope John Paul II,
and then Osama goes and gets hisself killed.

I have watched more news this last week than I probably have the entire year.

HA. Who am I kidding. I don't watch the news. I can barely stay up past 10pm ever.

But I have been staying up to date on all the happenings via my mom and cspan clips.

Its been a house full of sick boys around here this week. Snotty noses and hacking coughs. Oh, and the Daddy lost his voice. Not a good thing when your livelihood depends on your voice. It is probably a result of the slave driver I have been in the great room rearrangement and toy purge of 2011 that is STILL going on around here. The majority is done...just odd's and ends that I am way too anal about.

Anal is such a yucky word. Let's pretend I used the word "particular" instead. Yes, much better.

Once I get all the "particulars" in order I will be sure to post pictures.

I have an official observation to pontificate on: People are way more helpful to a pregnant women than a mom with a baby and/or a mom with three kids. I get more doors held open or "here, let me help you with that" offers now that I am pregnant than I ever did as a non pregnant person. And here is another observation: People are way more helpful to a pregnant woman who is alone that a pregnant woman that is hauling around three children. I get plenty of weird (sympathetic?) looks when I take all three kiddo's around Target...but ZERO offers of help. However, I go by myself and have perfect strangers offering to load my groceries.

Not that I need or want help. I am just making an observation. Perhaps it is just me?

I had to have THE talk with Ella recently.

Yes.

THE talk.

Yes. The one you are thinking of.

s.e.x.

I may or may not have tried numerous distraction techniques that weren't very distracting apparently because she finally sat down next to me and said (in her determined voice) "but Mommy, HOW did the baby get in your belly?!"

Gulp.

I made it through (proof of the grace of God) and she seemed happily satisfied with my VERY EXTREMELY G rated version of how exactly the baby got into my belly.

And finally, I leave you with one of the photo's I took for my good friends, the (adorable) Odle family, a few weeks ago.

























Happy Thursday...I mean Wednesday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: