From poppyseed to pumpkin: Jicama Week

By | 10:00 AM 3 comments
Yes, I had to google what a jicama was. And I don't think I'll be cooking one of these up anytime soon, either.

Zoe is approaching the 4 lb mark and is approximately 16 inches long. She is supposed to go through a growth spurt in the next few weeks and continue to fatten up a bit, gaining 1/2 lb a week.

8 weeks left. Single digits, baby! Single digits. And I won't lie...I am ready. I can't pretend to be feeling good (for longer than a few short moments of the day) anymore. And thanks to my sisters help, I am feeling much more ready to welcome our little girl.

I have had two doctors appointments within the last week as I've been struggling a bit with some possible pre-term labor and low blood sugar issues. It's not especially serious, but having to pull the van over and lay back so I don't pass out is always a fun adventure for everyone involved. When else in my life will I be ordered by my doctor to eat every hour on the hour?! I really should enjoy this. Right? And again, Zoe is under strict orders not to make an appearance until after July 15th.

I've been craving big juicy burgers and watermelon lately. And so, somehow it is very odd to me how I have managed to gain significantly less weight this time around than the other two times. Weird, huh. Perhaps I should start a new burger and watermelon diet...it'd be fun to think up a name for that.

I got into an argument with the Lowes cashier this past week over whether or not I am having a boy or girl. She put her hands on her hips and loudly announced to all within hearing distance to, "take a look at that boy belly" and, "if that isn't a boy belly, I don't know what is!" I quietly informed her that it is a girl to which she (again, loudly) told me to come back in after I'd had the baby and show her my new baby boy. Smile and nod.

Although I am rethinking the wisdom of giving away ALL my baby boy clothes...just in case the crazy lady is right.

And now for the moment you have been waiting for. The 32 week belly shot:

Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Stacey said...

OK. Like you really need any input on the shape of your belly but it totally looks like a girl belly to me. Egg shape. That's how it was with my girl anyway. My boy was totally a basket ball! I'm no expert!

At either rate, you look beautiful!

mommajeane said...

You look beautiful ...This is my favorite one . Love you.

Ashley said...

:0) No one knows what they're talking about...except my Great Aunt who insisted I was having a boy the whole time I was pregnant with my daughter (3 ultrasounds) who....turned out to be my son. LOL (But that WON'T happen to you!!!!)