Thursday Thoughts

By | 4:17 PM 2 comments
So, I didn't ugly cry...but it was hard to see my sisters leave today. Very hard.
























(Proof of their awesomeness: they invented a game that made my kids sit still on the couch for an hour!)

Although I admit that I am glad that Ella will start wanting to be around me now. You know, since there is no one else cooler now to hang out with. I can handle being second choice.

Today was spent at Duke again, getting in the last of our appointments before Eli's surgery next Friday. Eli has been so brave with all of the poking and prodding and I am so proud of him. I am planning a post sometime next week that will explain his surgery in more detail for those of you interested.

A few months ago I (in jest) told Jeremiah that one of my goals was to get all three of the kids to be able to buckle themselves into their booster seats by themselves before Zoe came. And, whaddya know...Ezra mastered this task about a month ago and just this week Eli learned how.

A miracle I tell you.

Now I have all three kids out of diapers and buckling their own seatbelts. If only I could get them to somehow make their own meals I'd be home free.

We had VBS this week at our church. This is the first year in five years that I didn't have a baby or volunteer. I didn't think volunteering was a good idea at this stage in my pregnancy seeing as how I have been ordered by my doctor to alleviate any extra amounts of stress in hopes of keeping Zoe shut up tight for a few more weeks. But, regardless of my absence...my kids have had a blast all week. Been pooped and cranky during the day...but energetic and loving life in the evenings. I also admit I've either gone on a dinner date with my husband, chilled at starbucks, or run errands (which somehow feel like fun when you are by yourself!) during my 2 1/2 hours of freedom every night. Oh, and should I mention that I haven't had to cook dinner all week either as it is provided as part of VBS?

Nah.

It probably would make you all too jealous. I'll leave that part out.

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

mommajeane said...

They have not stopped talking all nite about the antics of the kids..funny story about Ezra pooping. They have kept us entertained all nite...they love you guys and loved being with you.

So glad you had that much-needed help these past couple of weeks! Sorry they had to go:(

Sweet picture of all of them...