five minus two

By | 7:35 AM 6 comments
Ella and Ezra headed out this morning to Gramma's and PawPaw's in Florida for the next nine days...as Eli's surgery approaches in just 3 days.

I'm struggling a bit.

Not because I'm worried about their care or anything like that. No, they are going to have a blast and probably will never want to come home again.

It's just that I really like my kids. I like being a mom and doing mom things. I like being the one to tuck them in and make sure their teeth are brushed and their books are read in the appropriate silly voices.

And maybe, just maybe...I might have some control issues. Maybe.

Ahem.

And maybe, just maybe...I might be absolutely dreading what is to come in three days.

And maybe, just maybe...

Oh, who am I kidding. I'm just going to miss them.
























But I am looking forward to these 3 days before the surgery to dote on Eli. To fill up his love tank if you will in hopes of easing his fear.
























Oh, nine days please pass quickly...
Newer Post Older Post Home

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I understand this feeling. Sometimes I'm anxious for one or two (or heck, all four) of my kids to spend the night with their Grandma or go out with Daddy and give me some peace...but after a few hours I'm missing them terribly and wishing I could just have them home already!!

I will pray that you are able to focus 100% of your attention on your precious gift at home and that the surgery will be seamless! :0)

Unknown said...

praying for you guys and that lil eli guy! hope all goes well!

Erin Snyder said...

love that picture of eli!!

praying for you guys as you are down 2 and heading into surgery and recovery!

Connie Hemric said...

Ditto!

Our Family said...

Praying for you and hoping the time goes by quickly! Enjoy your Eli time!

Stacey said...

Praying for your little Eli and for you as you walk all of this out. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the name of Jesus.