Thursday Thoughts

By | 3:00 PM 2 comments
Vacation was wonderful...but, alas...too short.

June just might do me in. Between all the doctors appointments for Eli as we gear up for his surgery, my doctors appointments, and all the regular scheduled piano lessons, speech and occupational therapy appointments...nevermind vacation bible school and a few other extras thrown in...I am feeling like this month is just one big blur of a whirlwind.

I am a girl who likes a lot of margins in my life and within my schedule. White space, if you will. I strongly dislike being this busy. I am not a person who takes pride in how busy I am or finds any sense of self worth in declaring how busy I am.

But I know it is all very necessary stuff. Not optional.

And so I press forward, and take comfort in knowing that July is coming and we will have Eli's surgery behind us and have a much (MUCH!) slower schedule. I keep telling baby Zoe that she is not allowed to make an appearance until after July 15th because I will need all my focus on other things until then.

Think she'll listen to her momma?

I have two new hero's in life. My sisters Leah and Nataly came home with us from the beach and have been blessing my socks off with their help. I have honestly not done ONE load of laundry since they've been here. Not to mention all their help with babysitting while I run to all our various appointments. Oh, and they cook, do yard work, and play endless hours of barbies with Ella too.

Angels, I tell you.
Absolute angels.

I will probably go into the ugly cry when they leave next weekend.

We had such a truly uncharacteristically lovely cool spring this year in North Carolina. And now we seem to have skipped over June and July and gone straight into August. Hot, I tell you.

Our garden is doing great. Not thanks to any effort or exertion on my part. My husband has developed quite the green thumb over the last few years and this years garden promises to be our best ever. I predict we will be eating our first tomato's in the next few weeks.

Fireflies are a big deal in this house this year. A very big deal. And oh my goodness, my kids are at their absolute cutest as they race around the yard after the magical little things. And you can't discount the entertainment factor either as they often trip on a tree root or run into a tree because they are so focused in on catching their bugs. We filled up an entire bug jar the other night.


























Oh, the glories of summer.


Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I have to agree. You're sisters are great! I read your Mom's blog and she brags them up as well, as she should! Will be praying for Eli and for your little Zoe to hang in there, just as you have requested! =)

can you ask your husband what I should do to stop my squirrels from eating all the strawberries and tomatoes? thanks. ;)