Memory Monday

By | 9:59 AM Leave a Comment
James 1:5-8

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is an indecisive man, unstable in all he does.

We are getting ready to start a study of the book of James in my C-group. In preparation, I started my own study of it this week and plan on memorizing a few verses from it this month.

I loved a commentary I read on verse 8 this morning:

The Greek word rendered indecisive literally means "double-minded." It refers to a deep inner divide in which one's faith says Trust God, but another voice argues I'd better handle this myself!

How I struggle with a constant battle between trust and control myself...

Lord, plant your word and your wisdom into my heart this month and change me.

Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: