By | 8:00 AM 6 comments
My dear Myla,

You were due to be born today.

I can't help but be overwhelmed with thoughts...

What would you have looked like? Would you have been independent and loyal like your sister or affectionate and wide open like your brother? What color would your eyes have been? A mommy's or daddy's girl?

And on and on I wonder.

I am sad that I never got to meet you. That I never got to hold you. That I never got to breath in your sweet baby smell and watch your Daddy dote on you.

Mostly I am sad that I never got to "know" you.

I am sure you would have been incredibly awesome.

I am so thankful for the short time I had to be your Momma. I cherish those few memories I have of seeing your quick little movements on the ultrasound, or laying in the bed, smiling to myself, feeling the soft flutterings of your life in my belly.

Losing you has allowed me to experience the great Comforter like I had never before. Thank you for that precious gift you gave me.

As sad as I am that I never got to meet you, I am way down deep comforted knowing you are with Jesus. I am jealous for the unhindered ability you have to be with him and worship Him all day long.

I long for the day I meet you both.

until then,

Your Daddy and I will always remember you. We will always love you.

always,
Your Momma
Newer Post Older Post Home

6 comments:

Love you Jenn

Our Family said...

I am sure this is a tough day for you, please know I will be thinking of you, sympathizing with you and praying for you! Isn't it amazing how God becomes a comforter and His grace and mercy surround you!

mommajeane said...

Oh my sweet Jenn and Jeremiah.... I am grieving with you. A child lost to us within our arms is never far away from our heart and most certainly is closest to the Lord. I love you.

Jenn & Jeremiah,
We are praying for you today. We love you.

Mom & Dad H.

Briana said...

oh dear Jenn, your sweet baby IS so lucky to have you and i'm sure looks forward to meeting all of her wonderful family in heaven someday. Bet she is making something special for you for when you get there. May God's love surround you as you know it surrounds her.

love you so much.

Kelly Via said...

Jenn, you are a precious friend and a precious momma. I know this week has been filled with emotions; know that you are loved and cherished. Thanks for sharing these sweet thoughts to your little girl. We'll always remember the little playmate. Love you Jenn.