Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)

By | 8:10 AM 4 comments
Since I've designated my Thursday thoughts posts to be as random as I want...why not be random with the day they are posted =)

Yesterday was a great day.

I started the day being totally overwhelmed. I had a looooong to-do list and a couple of things up in the air that I had no control over that were making me anxious. But, I took the time to stop and pray. I know, I know...what a thought, huh!

I pulled Ella aside and told her that Mommy had a lot to do today, so I was going to need her to be a big helper for me...and she rose to the challenge! She took the initiative to play with Ezra and kept him entertained. She ran (unasked by me) to bring me my papers from the printer. She had a great attitude all day long and was so cooperative. I also received a call that resolved the issues I was anxious about. This lack of control thing with the adoption is going to be a tremendous growing opportunity for me!

Finally, the night ended with a great at-home date with Jeremiah. He sent me out of the house for some me time and to pick us up dinner while he did baths and bedtime with the kids. I returned home and we had a great candlelit dinner right in our own home!

The weather this week has been absolutely perfect!

Just perfect!

I was mowing the lawn yesterday afternoon and I always keep my cell phone in this little compartment on the mower so I can keep track of the time. I looked down about 15 minutes into mowing and noticed it wasn't there.

Crap. That means it fell out and I probably ran it over.

I finished mowing and then did several loops walking around the yard looking for it.

Nothing.

Who can say they ran over their cell phone while mowing the lawn?

I gave up and went inside and called Jeremiah with the news. Luckily he just laughed hysterically at me.

A few hours later I decided to do one more walk around the yard. Lo and behold there it was in the weeds just inches from falling into the pond!

Shew...that was a close one.

Tomorrow is our big yard sale. We will be running around all day today doing last minute things to get ready for it. I am excited but also a bit nervous.

No. That's not really true. To be really honest...I sometimes feel like throwing up when I think about it. I had a nightmare last night that some man showed up at the sale with a truckload of elephant ear plants and filled up the driveway with them so nobody could see the sale.

I am terrible at yard sale-ing. I would rather just give it to you. If you try to talk me down on the price you will be successful. Please don't tell that to the shoppers tomorrow =) Its also that whole being "in charge" thing.

But.

I know this is a great opportunity to raise money for our adoption fund. It is also a great opportunity to share with others about what the Lord is doing in our lives. So. I will get through it.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Happy Friday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Meg said...

Let us know where your yard sale is...we'd love to stop by and bargain shop : )

Jeanne said...

Tell everybody why you're raising money; they'll be less likely to offer outrageously low prices. By the way, I think I should give you 20 bucks instead of 15. How's that for a good yard-sale customer?

I wish we could come! Have fun and know the Lord has people already lined up to come to your adoption
sale! You are going to do great!!

Can't wait to hear how your day goes! Love you guys and we'll be praying you sell out!

mom H

ADawson said...

Price high so they can talk you down and you won't feel bad :)