Boston Bean Party

By | 3:55 PM 2 comments
One of the mommy tricks up my sleeve (passed down from my mom) which I have written about before is my bucket of beans.

We don't play with this every day, not even every week, and sometimes an entire month passes before we pull it out.

It had been a while since we had seen ol' bucket of beans and I needed an activity that allowed Ezra to play independently and fit into our school focus this week with Ella.

We have been working on identifying and understanding the concept of numbers.

I made up cards, from 1 - 10, and laid them on the floor not in order. First she had to put them in order from 1 to 10. Then she had to count out the matching amount of beans for the number on the card. I also made different piles of beans and she had to point to the one that had 5 in it, etc.

She loved it.

Ezra was happy and occupied.













It was a beautiful (and rare) thing.
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

I love that Jenn!

Maria said...

I am wondering if I would be able to correspond with you regarding your adoption agency. My husband and I are first time adopters and would like to know more about AAI.
Maria (mariaivanna@hotmail.com)