Paci Book Camp: Day 4 (afternoon)

By | 4:10 PM Leave a Comment
We are well into day four of this kick the paci to the curb thing.

It has been both harder and easier than I expected.

He is doing great throughout the days, almost never asking for his paci. We have noticed a big improvement in his word enunciation already. And the break from the constant keeping up with the paci is wonderful!

Bedtimes have been a little rocky, but overall not horrible. He has gone to sleep in a relatively short amount of time and slept all through the night. Well, except for last night...but I'm just going to chalk that one up to randomness. Unless it happens again tonight. Then I'll start to get worried.

He is still really struggling at naptime. He can't seem to settle down enough to fall asleep. He has his beloved blankies and his sound machine. I will read him books and rub his back. I will let him play. I will let him cry. And hours later he has still not fallen asleep.

I keep reminding myself that this is the first time in his entire two years and three months of life that he has not gone to sleep without it and to be as patient and soothing as possible.

And reminding myself that he is doing absolutely awesome during the day.

See, look at his happy face this morning...



















He insisted on my taking a picture of him after snapping a few of Ella. Have I mentioned yet that we are big big big into copying Ella these days?!

That's a whole other post...
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: