2010 Defined

By | 9:00 PM 3 comments
As we enter the next year (and next decade) I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us.















Just as I love Mondays I also love the start of a new year...such anticipation and hope...a brand new year with renewed motivation to prioritize and refocus on what I really want my life to be about.

It has become our tradition to take some time the week between Christmas and the New Year as a couple and as individuals and come up with certain goals and aspirations for the upcoming year.

This past week as I been doing my quiet times and focusing on what I want my goals to be this year I decided to do things a little different. I've always done a list of goals...1, 2, 3...etc. And, yes, I do have a few goals in mind that follow a list format. A lot of my 2009 goals weren't really year specific and I plan on continuing them into this new year as well.

But, I also prayed about the Lord impressing to me some words and character traits that I can focus on and will define my 2010.

So much of this upcoming year, with the adoption and such, is completely outside of my control. I realize (and am oddly at peace) with this and choose to focus on what I can control and what the Lord has made me responsible for.

So, without further ado here's to a year defined by...

Contentment

Generosity

and being Intentional.

And my 2010 goals and aspirations list:

For the kids...
-Teach Ella to read and have a more structured school time with her.
-Expose them both to lots of new experiences.

For myself...
-Reach a new fitness level (beyond my normal runs)
-Save for the camera I really want and really learn how to use it.

For Jeremiah...
-Be more spontaneous

And because I can't leave out the Grandma's in our life...
-Travel to see family more
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

Amen to that last comment. "Over the river and through the woods to MeMe's house we go"

mommajeane said...

We love seeing you all and more would be a blessed gift to us.. long distance grandparenting stinks.. skype is nice but just not the same as holding the sweet little ones in our arms.

Jason Palmer wants to say "HEY JEREMIAH!!!!!" My wife and I are your biggest fans!