Dinner and a Movie (and Flowers and Gifts!)

By | 3:45 PM 1 comment
We got back late last night from Atlanta and the Passion 2010 conference.













Awesome time.

Still recovering today from the cold (forgot my coat) and intense schedule (I really felt non-college age this trip) and hoping that I never recover from the absolutely incredible worship and teachings.

In one of the session Francis Chan told this story of how one of his daughters had failed a test. Obviously, like with most parents, this was not acceptable behavior or performance for his child. She came to him and asked him what he was going to do.

His reply: First lets go out to dinner. Then afterward lets go see a movie. Then we'll get some dessert.

His daughter deserved punishment. Instead she was lavished with privileges.

That is my story too...deserving punishment but receiving grace.

This weekend was one of the sweetest times of experiencing the reality of His grace in my life.

Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.

I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;

I will sing of you among the peoples.
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth.

Psalm 57:8-11
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Thanks for sharing that!