Thursday Thoughts

By | 7:00 PM Leave a Comment
I am in time out as I write this. Sometimes a mommy just needs a time out herself, ya know.

I am so fed up with technology. Fed up. If it's not stolen around here its broken and if its not broken it just isn't working right. Computer. Camera battery charger. SD card. Phones. Sigh.

So no photos for a little while until we get everything replaced and/or fixed. I feel like I'm blogging blind without my photos.

Ella and I made a big pot of my favorite minestrone soup this afternoon. It is a soup kind of day around here with all the rain and cold. I'll pass on the recipe for you in case it is a soup kind of day where you are too:

Ingredients:
1 lb (or less) ground hamburger
1 small onion
1/4 to 1/2 head of chopped cabbage
1 can of northern Beans, drained and rinsed.
1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
4 cups of chicken broth
2 cans of bean with bacon soup
A couple cups of cooked bowtie pasta

Cook hamburger, onions, and cabbage together. Season with salt, pepper, garlic if desired.
Add in rest of ingredients. Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Enjoy!

I've made a pretty good dent into my Christmas shopping already this year. I am so excited about the upcoming holidays and getting to experience them with Eli. Ezra and Ella are old enough to "get it" this year and are happy to fill Eli in on what the excitement is all about. It is going to be so fun this year!

Ella and Ezra are really into making up stories at the moment. Ezra's stories always go something like: Once upon a time there was a fast car. The end.

Ella told me one last night that started out with this line: Once upon a time there was an octopus. His name was colorful. He flew to Ethiopia.

I love being a mom and am convinced that I have the best kids ever. Even if I have moments where I need to put myself in time out.

Happy Thursday!






Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: