I know I write about Ezra's antics alot. He is what we like to call our high maintenance child...he brings so much fun to our family, but he requires a lot of energy. He (and therefore we...) had a really rough week last week.
Ok, maybe we have had a few rough weeks.
Ok, maybe we have had a rough few years. (kidding?!)
I could feel myself going down that slippery slope of frustration, raising my voice too much...and so on and so forth...
I was reminded (thank you Holy Spirit) of the sufficiency of scripture for dealing with every and any situation in my life. Including how to deal with my Ezra.
Here are some of the verses I have chosen to meditate on this week. They don't deal with Ezra's behavior (that is for next week, ha!)...but with my reactions to it:
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26
The heart of the righteous studies how to answer. Proverbs 15:28
If someone is caught in a sin, you who are wise should restore him gently. Galatians 6:1
I also loved this friends recent parenting reminder. Go check it out. Yea, so easy to forget in the midst of the daily struggles.
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
3) I don't want them to lose interest " Good painting! " may get children to keep painting for as long as we keep watching a...
We took a walk on the trail around the pond this week and they had the best time together...
that my older sister, Laura Jeane, and I ( we were great partners in crime growing up !) found the Christmas present hiding spot and peeked ...
Ah , New Year's Eve. It's always such an inspirational and momentous evening for our little family. We started off our evening ...
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (105)
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- Eli Update: 15 months home
- thursday thoughts
- breakdown of the perfect baby pajamas
- all about the ezra (recap of ezra's birthday)
- Memory Monday: the hero edition
- thursday thoughts (on friday)
- adventures in house hunting
- story time with ezra james
- zoe elizabeth: one month
- proof of a miracles existance (ezra turns four)
- the city of brotherly love
- Zoe's Birth Story
- Memory Monday: the mommy edition
- Thursday Thoughts
- first bath
- Memory Monday
- this girl,
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)
- Homeschooling: Back in Business (kinda)
- ▼ September (19)
- ► 2010 (405)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (345)