Memory Monday

By | 4:37 PM 1 comment
I haven't done one of these in a while. And this weeks verse isn't even a new one...but one I return to over and over again during times in my life where I know I can't do it on my own.

Over and over (and over) again.
Because I have pretty much decided that I can't do life on my own.
And my pitiful attempts just reaffirm this truth to me.

Surely God is my help, he is the one that sustains me.
Psalm 54:4


I love the definition of "sustain" and the tremendous encouragement housed within the idea of my God being my sustainer.

sus-tain
1. To keep in existence; to maintain.
2. To supply with necessities or nourishment, provide for.
3. To support from below, keep from falling; prop.
4. To bear up under; withstand.

The actions of being sustained by God just blow me away...

I am kept.
I am maintained.
I am supplied for.
Provided for.
I am supported.
Propped up.

Or more simply put: I don't have to do this life on my own and within my own capabilities.

Shew.

Now if only I could remember this all the time.

Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

mommajeane said...

I love this verse too. You shared it with MK once when Dad and I were gone for weeks on an adoption trip. I remember she was very encouraged by it then.