Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)

By | 8:00 AM 5 comments
Yes, I know all my Thursday thoughts for the past few weeks have been on Friday. What can I say? I am more inspired on Fridays here lately.

It has been a big week here at the Hambrick household. School started. We publicly announced to our church our big move plans. September graced us with her presence and lovely cooler weather. And all of us survived to Zoe's three week old mark.

Ezra asked me if I had put Zoe back in my stomach. Ouch. Gotta love the honesty of a three (almost four!) year old.

Ok, back to the announcement of our move. Yes, it is true. After an almost two year process (which I will flesh out here sometime in the future...) Jeremiah has taken a position as worship and communications pastor at The Creek Church. It is a church plant located in Cary, NC...just on the outskirts of Raleigh. While it is bittersweet to be leaving Grey Stone, our home church of the last five years, we are so excited to have this new opportunity and have been incredibly blessed with the "peace that passes all understanding" as we embark on this transition for our family.

And so I will forever remember these past (and next) few months as the months of big changes for our family...Eli's surgery, Zoe's arrival, new job, new house, moving, new city...geesh, putting it all out there sounds incredibly stressful. Which, admittedly, we have had our stressful moments...but again, the peace of God has blanketed us and we are just excited for what God is doing.

Ok, I do freak out a bit at times. But then I get over it and remember to take one day at a time.

One day at a time.
One day at a time.

Ok, I feel better.

Moving on...

Here are some pictures of the week to appease the Gramma's:


Jeremiah and his girls...



































This one makes me laugh. I promise he is not squeezing her...



































Trying to talk...























And finally...the whole crew. I may or may not have had to threaten them in order to get them all in one picture. I'm sure you can tell by the faces who wasn't happy to oblige...



































Apparently five and a half is the new fifteen. Or schizophrenic stage.

Just kidding. I love her to bits. And bits and bits.

Happy Friday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

Erin Snyder said...

ummm....so i'm thinking i need to come visit with zoe some time soon...and the rest of your incredible awesome kids! :) SO CUTE!

Pam said...

I know I have told you this before but I love your blog! Such a refreshing, transparent and FUNNY perk to my day! Your writings always make me smile especially since I am so right there with you in life with daughter/son/daughter being same ages and going through same lovely stages! LOVE IT! Praying your move goes smoothly...how exciting!

I LOVE the pictures:) They aren't just for the grandmas!

You are doing a GREAT job with your magnificent four! Four...you have 4 kids...

mommajeane said...

Thank you Jenn...I love them all to pieces.

DebHambrick said...

Great pics Jenn and I especially love Ezra's comment to you. Jeremaih came to see me in the hospital when I had Addie and the first thing he said was..."I thought you had the baby already". yep, that's my precious baby boy in an honest 3 yr old moment! What could I say...I laughed at the squeezing too! She is beautiful! They all are! So excited for your move too! God is so GOOD!!