Love Weekend: I love Jeremiah

By | 10:53 AM Leave a Comment
I could list a list of loves...

His eyes.
His love of the 80's electric guitar solo's.
His ability to make me feel most beautiful when I should feel most ugly.
His spiritual leadership.
His creativity.
His willingness to fold laundry while watching the superbowl.

But I think a story would best demonstrate...

I had a rough week with the kids last week. A really rough week. Thursday night after work when Jeremiah got home from work he packed the kids up and took them out for the whole night. I didn't ask him to do this. He got up Friday morning and again, packed them up, and took them out for the whole morning. I never asked him to do this.

He was sensitive to my needs. He wasn't selfish. He didn't take the kids out of a sense of duty. He enjoyed his time with them. The kids came home brimming with stories of the fun they'd had. He would never make me feel like I owed him one.

You can keep your roses. Or stuffed bears. Or chocolates.

I'll take the sensitive heart of my husband.

(Not that I would ever turn down chocolate. Just saying.)

I love Jeremiah.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: