craigslist update

By | 9:26 PM Leave a Comment
Thank you to all who commented on my craigslist post...I was much encouraged.

Today was a much better day. After spending time in the Word this morning I decided that I needed to do two things differently:

1) Be intentional about my attitude - and more specifically - be more thankful!

When I have a bad day (or week) with the kids it is so easy to let myself get focused in on what is not going right (or at least the way I think things should go) and forget about all that I have been blessed with.

So, today, I made a point to be intentional and think about how thankful I am for the health I enjoy, thankful for the blessings of my children, thankful for an incredibly sensitive husband I have, thankful for the family and friends that support us, and most of all thankful for a God who is relational and compassionate and makes his mercies new to me every day. Oh, and thankful for air conditioning in this hotter than hades weather we've been having. And ice cream.

2) Be more permissive with Ezra.

I know..shocking, huh. Me. Saying be more permissive. But I realized (after reading through 1 Corinthians 13: 1-13) that I have not been the most patient and kind and not easily provoked kind of Mommy to him these last few days. I have been keeping records of wrongs. I have been making battles out of things that really didn't need to be battles. So, after breakfast today when he asked for a lollipop...I said yes. After all, it is just a lollipop. And it is something I could say yes to. And I need a lot of those opportunities these days.


Oh, and a quick shout out to my awesome husband who made me sleep in the guest bedroom (aka: away from where I could hear the kids) the last two nights in order for me to get caught up on sleep. Two full nights of uninterrupted sleep has made an incredible difference in my attitude today as well. Who would have thought (especially in those early honeymoon days!) that I would find it incredibly endearing that my husband forced me to sleep away from him. Oh, but nothing says love like "go get some uninterrupted sleep!"
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: