Two Week Udate: Ella and Ezra

By | 1:00 PM Leave a Comment
We have been home with Eli for two whole weeks today.

















I thought I'd do some updates as this blog acts more as a scrapbook and memory album for us than anything else I do. Rather than have one really long post...I'll break it up into three for you.

I know. I'm nice like that.

Ella is doing wonderfully. She has probably adjusted the easiest of all of us. She loves Eli and is very patient with him. She attempts daily to teach him new words or to work on the few signs we are teaching him. She tells me almost every day that "we girls have to stick together now" since we are outnumbered. She gets frustrated when she has to wait for my attention as the majority of my attention is taken up with the boys these days...but is mostly understanding. She is a big help to me and is starting to take on more responsibility such as helping me carry bags into church and clearing the table. She is such a big girl now and I am so proud of her. I am making a lot of effort to make sure she gets a section of every day with my undivided attention and I am taking her with me on most of my errands...which she just eats up!

Ezra is...well...uh...Ezra. Half the time I don't know if his tantrums and disobedience is due to jealousy of Eli or if it is just Ezra being two. He is such a boy and so incredibly rambunctious that his attempts at playing with Eli end up scaring him...but, he is attempting every day. He came down with strep a few days after we came home, so I also think a lot of his behavior has been due to just not feeling 100% either. We pray together (several times a day) for a happy heart and self control. He loves that Eli is napping in his room and they spend a lot of time "talking" to each other and generally getting into trouble. He also loves to ride his car with Eli up and down the driveway! I have learned that I need to devote at least an hour of the day for Ezra to have some type of very physical play...going to the park, swimming, wrestling, jumping on the trampoline...in order for him to get his energy out and not direct it towards an unassuming sibling =) This is a very big adjustment for him and even though he is struggling at times I am very proud of him.
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: