Ok, so we did just go home at this point...I was out of ideas. But, like I mentioned yesterday, I knew I needed to pull it together.
And so, we held our first official summer tea party and game afternoon.
I sold the idea to them and they seemed just a bit excited about it...
They didn't even care that we did pink lemonade instead of tea. Even Ella, who is quite particular about these things. "You can't call it a tea party if we don't have tea, Mom..."
I think I could put pond water in these glasses and the kids would drink it...they LOVE drinking out of the glasses. Of course, I reserve them for the specialist of occasions. And a diabolical flop like the one we'd experienced definitely qualified.
The first winner. He makes a very pretty pretty princess, no?!
Winner number two. He knows how to catch some fish.
Winner number three. It was memory, so...duh, of course Ella won it. She has a memory like an elephant.
And me. Winner number four. I kicked some candyland bootay.
Thank goodness for an afternoon salvaged!
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
We took a walk on the trail around the pond this week and they had the best time together...
3) I don't want them to lose interest " Good painting! " may get children to keep painting for as long as we keep watching a...
Seven seems so old. Mature. Grown up. And she is...really truly growing up. She is now a long-limbed and lanky version of her yo...
... Goes to Addie ( Jeremiah's sister ) for graduating from nursing school last week. Not only did she graduate...but she did it with...
- ► 2016 (31)
- ► 2015 (105)
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- Thursday Thoughts: Simple Things
- From Poppyseed to Pumpkin: Swiss Chard Week
- Dog Days of Summer, Part Two
- Dog Days of Summer, part one
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday again)
- Taste of Summer: Pelican's SnoBalls
- gratuitous cuteness
- Ella Bella Kissed a Fella
- Not Me Monday
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)
- Not Me Monday
- late night mash mish
- Thursday Thoughts: Jeremiah's Birthday!
- From Poppyseed to Pumpkin: Pineapple Week
- bumper crop
- Happy 1st and 4th!
- You Know You are Near The End of your Pregnancy......
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2010 (405)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (345)