Ok, so we did just go home at this point...I was out of ideas. But, like I mentioned yesterday, I knew I needed to pull it together.
And so, we held our first official summer tea party and game afternoon.
I sold the idea to them and they seemed just a bit excited about it...
They didn't even care that we did pink lemonade instead of tea. Even Ella, who is quite particular about these things. "You can't call it a tea party if we don't have tea, Mom..."
I think I could put pond water in these glasses and the kids would drink it...they LOVE drinking out of the glasses. Of course, I reserve them for the specialist of occasions. And a diabolical flop like the one we'd experienced definitely qualified.
The first winner. He makes a very pretty pretty princess, no?!
Winner number two. He knows how to catch some fish.
Winner number three. It was memory, so...duh, of course Ella won it. She has a memory like an elephant.
And me. Winner number four. I kicked some candyland bootay.
Thank goodness for an afternoon salvaged!
Jesus follower. After that I'm happily married, mom to four, homeschooler, traveler, photographer, and never one to turn down a good cup of coffee.
1. Today is my 34th birthday. 2. Wasn't I just a kid? Like, yesterday? Waiting for the next Christmas? 3. When Jeremiah asked me wh...
When Zoe was really sick with Chickungunya in Haiti last Summer there wasn't much that comforted her. She didn't want to eat, didn...
Bare feet, spring day, a hammock full o' kids, and the time to take it all in... And yes, Ezra is just in his...
The past 7 days in iphone photo review... I enjoyed a girls day out (Keesha's last girl hurrah before Haiti) last Sunday with m...
Oh man, I've got lots of posts buzzing around in my head. Lot's o. But it is a bit of a busy season we are in and I've got a...
- ► 2014 (108)
- ► 2013 (145)
- ► 2012 (222)
- Thursday Thoughts: Simple Things
- From Poppyseed to Pumpkin: Swiss Chard Week
- Dog Days of Summer, Part Two
- Dog Days of Summer, part one
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday again)
- Taste of Summer: Pelican's SnoBalls
- gratuitous cuteness
- Ella Bella Kissed a Fella
- Not Me Monday
- Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)
- Not Me Monday
- late night mash mish
- Thursday Thoughts: Jeremiah's Birthday!
- From Poppyseed to Pumpkin: Pineapple Week
- bumper crop
- Happy 1st and 4th!
- You Know You are Near The End of your Pregnancy......
- ▼ July (19)
- ► 2010 (405)
- ► 2009 (430)
- ► 2008 (345)