Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)

By | 6:47 AM Leave a Comment
I feel kind of bad for having left a picture of Ezra's bunny booty up for two days straight. That is bad mommy territory. But then, I guess, a good mommy wouldn't have even put something like that up in the first place, huh.

Zoe's "room" is having an unexpected remodeling job done this week. Thanks to the 100+ temps every day this week our air conditioning has been working hard. Which made it a perfect time for the drainage pipe to block up and flood the ceiling of her room...and blow up a light fixture and ruin the ceiling drywall. You know, all the things you want to happen on the day you go in for your doctors appointment and are told that things are "happening" and it could be any day now.

Her nice, neat and all organized room is not so nice, neat and organized now. Sigh.

But I have mentioned on occasion that my husband is part superman and he has been burning the midnight oil to get everything fixed back up.

Thanks, honey. (Doesn't he look oh so happy!)




































In other news...

I was surprised by a baby shower one night this week thrown by the ladies in my small group at church. I was truly (truly!) surprised, which is no small feat. And I have to say it was the best shower ever. I normally get opening-presents-and-being-the-center-of-attention-anxiety...and since I didn't even know it was about to happen...nada anxiety. Also, it happened at Starbucks and included yummy chocolate dessert. How perfect is that. We got a lot of needed cutie little outfits for little Zoe and the ever welcome gift of diapers! I have nary a picture because, again, I didn't know I was having a shower and didn't bring my camera.

That's ok. The memories are locked up in my strainer of a brain.

I was at the big Raleigh consignment sale yesterday. Its huge, crowded, and more than slightly overwhelming...but the deals can't be beat, and so I put up with the less than optimal shopping conditions. My mom and sister came down too...so at lease I had support in the craziness.

I woke up at 5:30am this morning. Wide awake. With my mind brimming on all I needed/wanted to get done today. Geesh, I haven't had this much energy so early in the morning in...um, I don't know when. I hope it lasts longer than 8am so I can actually get some of it done.

Or maybe I'll feel like a nap by then?

Happy weekending!
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: