Ready or Not

By | 7:42 AM 5 comments
Here we come!

Today is the last day before we leave. It just feels surreal.

I could blab on and on about what I am feeling...but, oh wait...I think I've already done that.

So, instead (lucky you) I will leave you with some details about our trip:
  • The weather is expected to be in the mid 60's to low 70's, and dip into the 50's at night. I think this is my first trip out of the country where I am going to a place that is not sweltering hot. I am liking that idea.
  • Because of the altitude of Addis Ababa (8200 feet above sea level) there are no mosquito's and therefore no need for us to take malaria medicine. Yeah, I am liking that too. Much as I enjoy having (malaria medicine induced) crazy dreams of killing my nieces and nephews.
  • The time in Addis Ababa is 8 hours ahead of us on the east coast. Pray accordingly. (Just kidding...pray anytime you think of us!)
  • I am bringing a lot of snacks for us. As much as I like to think I am an adventurous eater...I'm really not. I'd rather not spend the first week of meeting Eli stuck in a bathroom. Oh, and I've packed an arsenal of stomach medicines should the need arise. Really, I am a walking pharmacy. Perhaps I should set up a clinic while I'm there.
  • We have a 9 hour layover in DC tomorrow. All because it saved us $150 bucks. Sometimes I really need to not be so frugal.
  • I made the kids a packet to open for each day we are gone. They have a specific thing to pray for each day as well as a task to do. And of course, a fun toy to play with and candy to enjoy =) I also have fun ideas for swimming, going to the movies, and going to the library with the grandparents. They probably aren't going to want us to come home.
  • We are taking a whole suitcase dedicated to orphanage donations. It is mostly taken up by two solar powered security lights the orphanage needed replaced. I am very excited we were able to do this.
I have some pictures to post later. But first I need to finish packing.
Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

Renae said...

I'm so excited for you...and it IS surreal isn't it? We leave for Bulgaria the day you return home:)! I've really enjoyed your blog, and we share the same (slightly warped:)) sense of humor;)...I can't wait to "meet" you little boy and see him in your arms. I will be praying for your health and safety as you travel, as well as for the kiddos at home. Have a wonderful trip!

Wow, I can't believe it's time! I'm so excited and can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your time in Ethiopia and all about your new SON! Have a great trip!

Yay! Yay! Yay! Can't wait to hear all about it and to meet little Eli! :) That's a sweet idea about making Ella and Ezra little packets - I'll have to remember that. We'll be praying that all goes well (and that you don't need your arsenal of meds!)

Pam said...

We will be praying for safety, good health, and a precious meeting between you and Eli! We will also pray for ptotection over Ella and Ezra too! So excited for your family!

S, E, or O said...

This is so cool! We are excited for all of you! We'll be praying for you as you travel and transition to a family of five.