I know you've been waiting on pins and needles for this...
Red = done
Black = still need to do
1) Get kids room/house ready
- Buy bunkbeds/new sheets/comforter/etc.
- Buy new dresser for Eli
- Clean out toy bins - Organize and wash all size 2t clothes for Eli
- Clean out Ella and Ezra's clothes and dressers
- Get new ELI letters for his room, paint, and hang
- Jeremiah to build a new bench for the kitchen table (we've run out of chairs!)
- Install 3rd car seat (we've got it, just not installed)
2) Plan trip
- Buy airline tickets
- Make final arrangements for Ella and Ezra
- Make arrangements for Levi, cats, bird, house, garden, mail, etc.
- Call doctor for travel medications
- Contact Ethiopian social worker to work out details to meet Eli's birth family
- Shop for orphanage donations
- Book Ethiopian hotel/guest house
- Gather together all travel documents needed/make copies of important documents
- Sucker friends into mowing the lawn while we are gone (we are gonna OWE you BIG time Josh and Todd!)
- Make arrangements for travel to airport/pick up from airport/etc.
3) Plan FINAL fund raiser (yard sale/bake sale)
- Organize all items
- Price items
- Finalize where to have it
- Organize volunteers to bake goods
- Place ad in newspaper
- Place ad on craigslist
- Invite facebook friends
- Go through entire house room by room for extra items
- Make up signs
- Empty entire memory card on camera
- Make dentist appointments for kids - Take kids to dentist
- Add Eli to health insurance/will/etc.
- Look into re-adoption options/requirements
- Organize adoption receipts/request missing ones from agency, etc.
- Make up list of questions to ask Eli's birth family (I'd love any suggestions from families who have done that before)
- Finish up thank you cards for all those who have been a part of this journey
I've been busy...but still need to stay busy too =)
Anybody still want to pinch me?!