VBS Week

By | 3:41 PM 1 comment

Grey Stone kicked off VBS week last night.

Apparently I have written a lot about VBS over the last two years, as I have eight posts with a VBS label on them.

Who knew?

Jeremiah and I started our very first week at Grey Stone four years ago.

And for the record, we don't recommend ever making VBS week your first week at a new church. Although it was a great crash course on name recognition!

Ella was just seven months old. She went with us every night and I remember her not being so happy about the very late bedtimes she had to put up with. Now, at four years old...she has known this week was coming for weeks and was positively giddy with excitement!

Did I mention that I don't have to cook all of VBS week as they provide free meals for the whole family?

I might have been giddy with excitement too.

Sadly, all that Ella will get to experience of VBS this week happened last night. As she woke up last night crying that her mouth hurt her and running a fever. A quick run to the doctors this morning confirmed Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease. Don't worry. For those of you who havn't heard of it...it is not serious. Just highly contagious. And untreatable. It just has to run its course.

Poor girl is sooo sad to miss her VBS week.

Poor mom is sooo sad that her child exposed all the other preschoolers.

And that I don't have a single VBS picture to put in this post.

So, here's a random one of Ella at 7 months old for your viewing pleasure...

Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

mommajeane said...

I am sad for her too. We went to your VBS the next yr. and it was undoubtedly the best one we have ever attended.We enjoyed the whole week with you guys and your church. I thought I had died and gone to heaven with the meals being provided for a whole week.... Hope Ella feels better soon and Ezra is protected from it... love you guys.