boob tube break

By | 8:00 AM Leave a Comment
We took the week off from watching any tv or movies.

And this was not because I have a problem with tv or movies.

Oh no. There is a time and a place for it in our household and it can serve its purpose. Like a perfectly timed Super Why episode while I catch a shower. Or a Word World half hour while I make dinner in peace. Really, I am not knocking tv.

But as I've come out of the fog I could clearly see that what had been used for survivals sake these last few months has grown into an unhealthy dependence on the ol' boob tube.

Hence our tv and movie fast.

And it was a good week. A really good week. Ella learned the unique characteristics of Vivaldi, Bach, and Beethoven. Ezra mastered his paper airplane making technique. Eli ran the mess out of his little legs up and down the driveway on his little car. Pictures were painted. Books were read. Popsicle stick roads were built.

And we were all reminded of how creative we can be when left to our own devices.
























Family Portrait by Ezra James
February 2011
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments: