Photojournal: Hambrick Style Minute To Win It

By | 8:32 PM 4 comments
Since we have mastered the art of the family pizza/movie night we thought it was time to move into new territory...pizza/game night. My husband decided that hi ho cherry o and elefun just wasn't going to cut it. So he came up with the Hambrick version of Minute to Win It.

(Yes, I am well aware that he is the fun parent.)

And. It was a hit. A big hit.

(So big that I am slightly regretting ever having that much fun with my kids again lest they continue to ask every hour of every day when we get to do game night again.)

I've decided to include detailed instructions for how to play the games in case you decided you want to replicate for your own family game night. Be warned though, the games were extremely technical and took hours to set up.

1st step: Gather the supplies























2nd step:
Get some group shots of our "game" faces. Grrr.
(And a peek at my 13 week belly and Ezra's new favorite shorts which he wants to wear all. the. time.)













































The first game: Bouncy Ball (bounce the balls off the tops of the ottomans into the basket) A lot harder than it looks. Check out Eli's determined little face. And my impeccable form.
















































The 2nd Game: Laundry Basket Bomb (Throw your "bomb" down the basement stairs into the laundry basket.) Didn't get any action shots because, well...it was dangerous with all those bombs coming at me.


































The 3rd Game:
Target Practice (shoot your nerf gun dart at the bulls eye) Ella pretty much kicked all our tails on this one.























































4th and Final Game: Surprise! (line your kids up and then spray their unsuspecting little bodies down with silly string) This one was probably the highlight of their night. And quite possibly the highlight of Ezra's life.


































































































There is one definite drawback to game number four. The clean up.
























And the winner of the night...

Tied between Ella and Ezra.

As for me, I came in dead last. Despite my impeccable form.
Newer Post Older Post Home

4 comments:

Thanks for sharing wonderful ways to bring a family together!
These photos made my day!

Pam said...

HOW FUN!! Andy and I have done "minute to win it" night with the two of us but I definitely think we will have to snag this idea for a fun family night!

Oh, and I think having Jeremiah as the fun parent takes the pressure off of you, my friend! Now he has to plan them again and again! ☺

Our Family said...

Cute Idea, looks like a lot of fun ... you guys are so creative!

That's awesome Jenn! You really needed the water dunst headgear with that form of yours to make it complete:)