Thursday Thoughts (cry me a river)

By | 3:29 PM 3 comments
I put the wrapped up leftover pork chops in my sock drawer this week. I guess their tootsies were cold.

When I discovered what I had done I laughed and laughed and laughed. And then I cried and cried and cried.

Thank you pregnancy hormones.

I had a dream that same night about my Grandad. There are no words to describe the kind of man he was and the impact he made on my life. In my dream I had crawled up into his lap and become a little girl again. I could smell the way he smelled and felt his whiskery cheeks. And he looked at me the way I remember him looking at me. Pure unadulterated unconditional love.

When I woke up I cried and cried and cried. I didn't want the dream to be over. I wanted to be that little girl again. Safe and loved and bounced around by his laugh in his lap.

I got to thinking about the impact of his love on my life later the next day. What a blessing it is as a little girl to feel that kind of love from a Grandad.

And then...to be so blessed as to be loved the way I am by my Jeremiah.

And then...to even begin to consider my heavenly fathers love for me.

It's overwhelming to think about the privilege of love I have been blessed with in my life.

We have a date tonight. I'm excited.

Next week marks the same week of my pregnancy where I lost Myla. And as I talked with my dear friend who just suffered the loss of her baby last week I was taken aback by the strength of my grief again. I remembered as I listened through her story what it felt like to look at that ultrasound screen and see a baby but no movement or flutter of heartbeat life.

I cried and cried and cried at our losses this week.

And hoped in the truth of God's word and his promise to wipe away ever tear from our eyes (rev 2:14).

And then my son emerged from his nap sporting this outfit and posing like only he can...
























And I laughed.

And then to further lighten the mood I watched this. And laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

3 comments:

I laughed and laughed....where do you find these things!!

hilarious I am still laughing...

must be my warped sense of humor

Tanya said...

I love this website. This woman is so amazing. Maybe your friend (or you ) could find a little comfort from one of her pictures.

http://namesinthesand.blogspot.com/2010/11/are-you-here-for-first-time.html

Oh Jenn...Pork Chops in the drawer?!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry with you:)

BTW, you can rock those preggo jeans...hope your date was HOT!