Thursday Thoughts

By | 7:38 AM 5 comments
Well...we seem to be one of those families caught up in the ugly side of the court system. We had our THIRD court date on Monday. I didn't write about it here because I was starting to feel like the boy who cried wolf.

We passed. But didn't pass.

MOWA (the ministry of womens affairs - the Ethiopian government agency that handles all adoptions) issued us a favorable approval. Meaning, we passed. But. The judge didn't sign off on the case. So we are just waiting, not for another court date, but for our lawyer who represents us in Ethiopia to ascertain a meeting with the judge to figure out why he didn't sign off on our case. And then get him to sign off.

I think I might have mentioned a time or two that I really am not good at waiting.

Keep praying.

Ella has been incredibly sweet and sensitive to me and the whole situation. Hearing her prayers makes the lump form in my throat. I've got a whole other post coming about her sweetness.

I turn 29 this weekend. How in the world am I 29? Sometimes I still feel like I shouldn't even be old enough to drive, let alone be married and a mother. Crazy.

I have chosen to get a little wild this birthday and throw all caution to the wind and will be celebrating the big two nine by...putting in my vegetable garden.

Sometimes you've just gotta let loose, ya know.

Ok, there will definitely be some strawberry shortcake too.

What I would really love more than anything is to hear positive news on our adoption case this week. Wouldn't that would be the best present ever!

Our friend Josh Via did end up making the #10 spot on iTunes last night around 11pm!

(Briana - I am sure you will be relieved to know that Amy Grant held a firm grip on the #7 spot.)

Jeremiah completely lost his voice this week. It is slowly coming back. Very slowly. I have decided that marrying a mute would not be a good thing for me. I'm not one of those women that is ok as long as someone is listening to me talk. I need feedback. I'm so glad his voice is coming back.

And finally, in honor of National Poetry Month (we did a focus on poetry in school this week) I will leave you with a poem from Ella's new found favorite poet...

LISTEN TO THE MUSTN'TS

Listen to the MUSTN'TS, child.
Listen to the DON'TS
Listen to the SHOULDN'TS
The IMPOSSIBLES, the WON'TS
Listen to the NEVER HAVES
Then listen close to me -
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.

- Shel Silverstein (Where the Sidewalk Ends)

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

Bobbie Grant said...

Keep an eye on your mailbox. I have something coming to make your trip to get Eli a little more enjoyable. I hope you find out definite news soon.

Unknown said...

Still praying for you guys! I know the wait is tough. We, too, are waiting on a decision and the waiting is the hardest part! God is sovereign though and I am learning his timing everyday (cause my timing is impatient ;) Eli will be so happy to be a part of your family!

Renae said...

Praying! We're stuck too(only in the Bulgarian Ministry of Justice)...I'll be praying for the most excellent birthday present EVER! A signature!

Briana said...

yea, waiting is the worst! Uggg, sorry sweets. Hopefully you will hear in time for your birthday.

Congrats Josh! That is super awesome!

Billy said...

hang in there! the end is in sight!