Thursday Thoughts (on Friday)

By | 8:20 AM 5 comments
Distraction can be a wonderful thing when your heart is sad.

My mom and dad (and Mya, Luke, and Caleb) came down for a visit yesterday. If there is anyone that understands the ups and downs of international adoption...it's them.

Even though my birthday is several weeks away, they seem to be determined to turn this into a birthday celebration. Fine by me =) I'll write more on our weekend later along with pictures.

Jeremiah has been taking the kids out on "turtle hunts" lately. Not actually hunting the turtles of course...just having fun trying to find them in and around the pond. They've gotten quite good. This was a shell they found...
























Yeah. There are some big turtles around here.

One morning last week while hunting turtles Jeremiah said he could hear the soft sounds of Barry White playing in the background...as they found several pairs of turtles with "their heads stuck together" as Ella said. Ha!

Is it bad that we taught my brother Isaac (12) to mow our lawn this week? Nah. He loved it. We got our lawn mowed. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

Well my Dad just got home with fresh donuts. Off to start the birthday celebration...

Happy Friday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

5 comments:

Bobbie Grant said...

Did she seriously find that shell in your yard? That is huge! I'd be afraid!

Pam said...

Have a wonderful weekend celebrating your birthday early with your family! And that big shell does make me afraid of turtles now!UGH! But how cool that your kids can find things like that around the farm!

Hollan said...

Jeremiah,and Jen,I will be praying 4 ur family during this time as u wait! I know what it was like to wait 4 my little brother even though we did it in our hometown of Lenoir,NC! Hollan

Kelly Via said...

Jenn, I am glad that you have been surrounded with family during this 'waiting' time. The new court date is only days away now, and we are praying for a PASS!!

On a different note, that turtle shell is AWESOME!

Becky Swann said...

It looks like you have ninja turtles living near you. I guess ninjas need to put their "heads together" to solve crime right? ;)