1000.

By | 7:28 AM 1 comment
My one thousandth post on this blog.

In my very first entry I wrote:

I have decided that I don't really care if anyone reads my blog...it'll just be good for me to have an outlet for my thoughts. Maybe people will just like knowing what is going on in the Hambrick world? Or maybe someone will be challenged in their walk with Christ after reading about something the Lord is doing in my life?

Or maybe I'll just be able to ramble on about my thoughts...


Oh yea...I get to brag about my kids too!















So for what it's worth...this is my inaugural post to my blog.

Hope you enjoy. I know I will...

When I wrote this inaugural post it was Monday, November 12, 2007.

Ella wasn't even two years old yet. Ezra was just a tiny little peanut. We didn't live on the farm. I was still a young and fresh and idealistic twenty six year old.

That was a joke in case you didn't catch it. The young and fresh part. I'm still young and fresh. (right?) Get it?

Oh nevermind.

It's a funny thing, this blog world. I feel I have made genuine connections with people I have never met in reality.

Side note:I wonder what sociologists will write about these blog and social networking connections in the years to come?

I have had to flesh out thoughts and ideas that I might never have in order to turn them into coherent thoughts for a post.

I've gotten to do more than brag about my kids. I've created a journal of their moments and sayings that might normally have just been forgotten. Sometimes I'll read through my earliest entries and just laugh at something Ella said two years ago that I had completely forgotten. Or see a photo of chubby baby Ezra and just want to cry at how big he has gotten. (And what a master of library book ripping as well. Oh wait. That never happened.)

I've written about date nights and coupons and pregnancy and miscarriage and trips we took and simple pleasures we've enjoyed. I've recorded parenting highs and parenting lows. I've admitted to hickeys, goals to have more sex, and silent struggles in the night with my husband as to who can pretend not to hear the child crying for their lost paci the longest.

And through it all I've written of the Lords faithfulness in our lives. Of prayer requests answered. Of memory verses that have rooted in my heart and manifested in my life. I've written of contentment experiments and books that have rocked our world. I've announced our decision to adopt and captured every step along the journey. And what a journey it has been.

So, with anticipation and expectation I am saying...

Bring on the next 1000!
Newer Post Older Post Home

1 comments:

Briana said...

I know i speak for all blogland when i say, thank you for being here and we love you.