A Big Night

By | 11:36 AM 11 comments


Our court date is scheduled for April 8th. That's tomorrow.

However, because of the time difference it will actually take place sometime while we are all sleeping tonight.

Tonight!

Not sure I'll be sleeping much =)


Our case might not pass or be heard for a number or reasons:

Court docket too full...
Electricity is off...
Missing piece of paperwork...
Surviving relative didn't show up...
MOWA (ministry of women's affairs) schedules an impromptu training meeting...
and on and on...

Being the glass half full kind of gal that I am...
I am choosing to think on the 60% of cases that pass on the first time instead of the 40% that don't.

Would you pray as you go to sleep tonight (or any other time it might come to mind) that our case is heard and passes. We would hate for our Eli to spend any more time in the orphanage than is absolutely necessary.

As soon as we hear something from our agency...I'll be posting the news!

Thank you for praying.
Newer Post Older Post Home

11 comments:

we will be praying all day today!

Meg said...

PRAYING!!!!!!!!!!!

George said...

Oh, I so hope you pass tonight!!!

Pam said...

Praying now and will continue throughout the day until my head hits the pillow tonight! :)

Dear Lord,
We praise you for Eli and his life. We pray that every fine detail for tonights court proceeding to go through will take place. We pray that you will receive much glory through this process and that so many will see your mighty hand at work because of the great timing and all the details to fall in place. We pray for Eli today that he will feel your love and even at a young age have the calmness and assurance that he has a family who loves him and are anxious to meet him! Thank you Lord for loving and taking care of your children the way that only you can do!

AMEN!

We will definitely spend time praying for yall tonight!! :) Can't wait to hear!

We are praying too - for rest and most definitely for all of the details needed to PASS! We are just a couple of weeks behind you guys (our court date is April 27) so its been nice to read your blog and have some sort of reference point of what to expect! We will look forward to hearing your news! God bless!

K said...

I have and will continue to pray! Excited for your family.

mommajeane said...

I am so blessed to be able to pray for Eli...just think today could be the last day you are a family of just 4. I get so emotional when I think about it... I will probably be up as well just waiting to hear how the court went. It is like being in labor... praise you Lord for your will and mighty power to make this happen in your time. Love you! Ella was so sweet tonite on the phone telling me about Eli...makes me cry just thinking of this little life about to change.

Kathleen said...

Praying here in Iowa.

Thinking of you and your family today! Holding our collective breath for you. :)

Jeanne said...

I happened to be up at 4 am or so and prayed for Eli and you. How soon will you hear something? And how does the next part go, timewise? I'm sure you've told us but I can't keep up. My great friend in Wilson got her China referral/picture Tuesday (beautiful). So many families being put together. Awesome!!