Thursday Thoughts

By | 8:09 AM 2 comments
It's April.

How bout that?

I'm pretty sure January was just yesterday.

I love April. Spring is here to stay. Easter. All that goodness. Despite my allergies and me being one big achoo I am still in love with April.

The kids have been playing outside for hours every day this week. They have especially enjoyed planting "seeds" (rocks and berries) all over the backyard.

















That and Easter egg hunts. If we have done one hunt we have done ninety seven hunts. She may be a little late on this but this is the first year that Ella has really understood how to do an egg hunt. Ezra...yea, not so much. Yet.

















On the adoption front: just waiting for our court date to happen. In exactly one week. It is times like this that I actually know what it means to pray without ceasing.

We got two new pictures of Eli this week. One was of his receiving the welcome bag we had put together for him a month ago. He is wearing the dinosaur t-shirt and trying to clutch the photo album and airplane in his little hands. His hair has gotten so long. I love it.

The second photo was taken from another adoptive family that just went over to Ethiopia to pick up their son. Not only did she take a photo for me, but she sent me an email telling me that he was (and I quote) very sweet, seemed a bit shy, and was a love.

I know it might not seem like much, but when it is all you've got to go on...that is huge information!

We've got a great weekend to look forward to...beautiful weather, more Holy week activities (stay tuned for more posts!), and celebrating our risen Lord this Sunday!

Happy Thursday!
Newer Post Older Post Home

2 comments:

Briana said...

the sweet news about Eli made me tear up...what a sweetie and how hard for you to not just run over there (ok, fly) and scoop him up in your arms and hold and snuggle him. I will definately be praying for next week. Oh Jenn, how exciting. I can't imagine.

p.s...i was thinking maybe there was another reason why you loved April...perhaps the same reason why i love it? ;)

Me. Us. She. said...

Isn't the welcome bag thing so anticlimatic? We sent our just after Merrily left for Ethiopia so missed getting D's delivered. I have a feeling it will be sitting at the office indefinitely now. I guess it will make a good suprise someday when we get a picture of her receiving it. Good luck with the court date! I so hope you pass. Now if only we can get a court date assigned soon...